FAQs and Resources
Building Info & Requirements
Property Tax Information
Borough Telephone Directory
Borough Forms Directory
Resident FAQs
Senior Citizen FAQs
Fire Safety FAQs
Business FAQs
Vendor FAQs
Resident Survey
What is a Zoning Permit -- and when do I need one?

Issued by the Borough's Building Department, a Zoning Permit is a "prior approval," which is required before certain types of construction or home improvement projects can begin. Examples of projects that require Zoning Permits include (but are not limited to) sheds, fences, driveways, patios, gazebos, hot tubs, generators, retaining walls, air conditioning units, or any structure or permanent item intended to be placed on a property. To obtain a Zoning Permit, residents must first complete a Zoning Review Application, available in the Building Department or online . A $35 application fee must be submitted with the Zoning Review Application.